What is it that fuels each and every one of us in this world? For Anamika, it is serving Creators, who help us enrich our living experience. Anamika is a passionate media and entertainment lawyer. She is currently advising the Screenwriters Association of India (SWA) in all its legal matters. Working with SWA has given her a deep insight into the function of the Indian film industry. She has expertise in drafting numerous media and entertainment-based agreements. These are agreements related to copyright assignment, writing service, option purchase for a literary, the limited license of artistic work, life right, co-production, artist and producer, writing collaboration, writer-director, co-writers, collaboration partner, performers, advertisement agency.
Ms. Anamika Jha has completed her BBA L.L.B. from Symbiosis International University, Pune. She began her career 3 years ago with a Delhi based law firm Commercial Law Chamber where she appeared before various courts and tribunals. She has also worked with the legal department of renowned companies such as Dish TV India Limited, Digi spice Limited.
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
Oct 2019 - Present
LEGAL OFFICER, SCREENWRITERS ASSOCIATION
1) Managing the entire legal requirement of SWA. This includes drafting, reviewing, and negotiation of all the agreements and MOUs in which SWA is a party and standard agreements proposed by SWA.
3) Part of the dispute resolution/mediation process conducted by the Dispute Settlement Committee (DSC) of SWA and prepare a mediation award and settlement agreement.
4) Providing legal opinions to various committees of SWA including Executive Committee, Welfare Committee, Legal Aid Committee, Awards Committee, etc.
6) Providing regular legal consultancy to the members of SWA.
7) Handling all the cases in which SWA is the party before different courts and tribunals and coordination with the external counsels.
8) Conducting workshops and participate in a panel discussion as a speaker to create awareness regarding the legal rights of a writer.
June 2019 - Oct 2019
LEGAL EXECUTIVE, DIGISPICE AFRICA
1) Key responsibilities include contract management, business advisory and risk minimization support to Indian as well as African branches of the Company
2) Drafting, vetting, and negotiation of various kinds of commercial agreements related to infotainment services, music apps, gaming applications, and SMS systems, etc.
3) Provided Legal research and formulated legal opinions on multiple issues legal and contractual issues.
4) Prepared replies to the legal notices sent to the company.
5) Provided litigation support to the local business team and coordinated with local lawyers in an ongoing lawsuit filed in a court of Tanzania against a telecom operator.
6) Managed the core flow of agreements from starting to execution by developing a legal Contract Management System (CMS) for the same.
Jan 2019 - Jun 2019
LEGAL SPECIALIST, DISH TV INDIA LTD.
1) Drafted commercial contracts and Communicate contractual risks identified during contract review to Legal Head, Biz Teams & Sr. Management.
2) Assisted the litigation team in a Trademark infringement and product counterfeit (set up box) suit.
3) Formulation of legal opinion and research notes against the queries put by various departments of the company and consumer complaints.
4) Drafted and finalized the Sexual Harassment at Work Place Policy of the company.
Oct 2017 - Nov 2018
LEGAL ASSOCIATE, COMMERCIAL LAW CHAMBER, DELHI
1) Worked in the civil and commercial side of litigation.
2) Assisted Partners in successfully defending jurisdiction of TRAI before the Supreme Court.
3) Assisted the partner in the research and drafting of the Writ Petition filed before Delhi High Court against the price fixation formulations.
4) Researched and prepared proposition notes for our e-commerce clients.
5) Represented the interest of clients to various statutory bodies like ISRO, Niti Aayog, and Copy Right Board by making the different business orientation of representations.